THE 4th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
ON EDUCATION IN MUSLIMS SOCIETY (ICEMS)
“New Perspective on STEM Education in Muslim Society:
Current Issues from different lenses”
Science has been a part of the Muslim world. From everyday lives to the invention of sophisticated natural law, Muslim scientists share their contribution to the world. While religious education commonly understood as mere teaching of religious subject, Islamic education does not separate science to the broader education context. Therefore, science education has been and will continue to be an important aspect of Islamic education.
Science teaching in Muslim schools has been developed to meet the expectation on how young Muslim generation can learn and practice science within the context of Islamic teaching. While scientists, such as Hoodbhoy (1991) argues that there is no such things as Islamic science as well as science of other religions, integrating science into the whole context school curriculum is very important. In that case, educators in the Muslims worlds offer various perspectives on how science is bet integrated into the curricula of Muslim schools.
The 4th International Conference on Education in Muslim Society (ICEMS) 2018 is designed not only to share the research but also offer recommendations for the governments, educational intitutions, and other stake holders to improve the quality of STEM education. It is conducted by the Faculty of Teaching Sciences of Syarif Hidayatullah Islamic State University (UIN) Jakarta. The committee invites scholars, researchers, policy makers, teachers, and students from various countries to participate and work together to improve the quality of STEM education in Muslim community. Hosted by UIN Jakarta, the 4th ICEMS 2018 is intended to provide an opportunity for various stakeholders of STEM education especially in Muslim Society around the world to share their works, opinions and experiences in an open academic forum.
The theme of this year conference is “New Perspective on STEM Education in Muslim Society: Current Issues from different lenses”. The theme attempts to reflect various aspects of both thoughts and research findings related to STEM education in Muslim countries, ranging from curriculum, research and development, new pedagogy and andragogy, new technology in stem education and so on. In addition to disseminating thoughts and research findings, this conference is also expected to provide an invaluable opportunity for networking among international participants both individually and institutionally.
- Providing an international scientific forum for researchers, scholars, practitioners, and students to exchange ideas, point of views, critical review, and to communicate and discuss those issues in the field of STEM Education.
- Discussing and generating approriate paradigm for getting a better education to form new academia.
- Providing beneficial and valuable contribution for the development of STEM education.
We expect to have more than 200 participants consisting of :
- Policy makers
- School principals and teachers
- Anyone who is interested
PROGRAM AND THEMES
The theme of the 4th International Conference Education on Muslim Society (ICEMS) 2018 is “New Perspective on STEM Education in Muslim Society: Current Issues from different lenses”.
ICEMS invites all papers in the area of education, which consists of the following topics:
- Curriculum and Policy in STEM Education
- New Pedagogy and Andragogy in STEM Education
- Learning / Teaching Methodologies and Assessment
- New Media and Technologies for STEM Education
- STEM Education and Special Needs\
- Training of STEM Educators and Professional Development
- STEM Islam and Society
- STEM Education in Informal Setting
- STEM Education in 21st Century
- Topics Related to Math Education & Science Education (Biology, Physics, Chemistry)
- Professor Simon Leonard – Unisa, Australia
- Andrew J. Howes – University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Naseer Mansour – University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- Dr. Aida Suraya Md. Yunus – Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Abstract Submission deadline: 31 July 2018
- Notification of Abstract acceptance: 15 Aug 2018
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: 15 Sept 2018
- Notification of Full Paper acceptance: 30 Sept2018
- Conference Payment Deadline: 20 Oct 2018
Early Bird (before September 25th)
Foreign presenter/participant: 150 USD/person
Indonesian presenter/participant: IDR 1.000.000/person
Student: IDR 500.000/person
Regular Price (September 26th – October 20th)
Foreign presenter/participant: 200 USD/person
Indonesian presenter/participant: IDR 1.500.000/person
Student: IDR 500.000/person
*additional IDR 750.000/paper, if paper selected to be published in EDUSAINS & TARBIYA (National Accredited Journals), and additional IDR 1.500.000/Paper, if paper selected to be published in IEEE and IOP (will be submitted to SCOPUS) .
Venue and Date
Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta, Harun Nasution Auditorium Room.
Jl. Ir. H. Juanda No. 95 Ciputat Tangerang 15412 – Indonesia
Telp: 021 740 1925
Fax.: 021 740 2982
- Swiss-belhotel, Pondok Indah Jakarta. : Jl. Metro Pondok Indah Sector 2 Block 5A, Pondok Indah, South Jakarta 12310, Indonesia. Tel.(62-21) 750 1088 / Fax 962-21) 750 1089
- Wisma Syahida INN: Jl. Ir. H. Juanda No. 95 Ciputat Tangerang 15412 – Indonesia
The conference will be held on 24 and 25 October 2018
International Advisory Board:
- Dede Rosyada – State Islamic University of Jakarta
- Ahmad Thib Raya – State Islamic University of Jakarta
- Dwinanto, Ph.D – State Islamic University of Jakarta
- Siti Nurul Azkiyah, Ph.D – State Islamic University of Jakarta
- Salamah Agung, Ph.D – State Islamic University of Jakarta
- Asep Bayu, Ph.D. – Indonesian University of Education, Bandung
- Andrivo Rusydi, Ph.D. – National University of Singapore
- Aida Surayya, Ph.D. – University Putra Malaysia