The 6th International Conference on Education in Muslim Society
At present humans are facing a condition called VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity) where this condition is described as a turbulent, uncertain, complicated, unclear condition. The world of work and industry is changing very quickly driven by the development of technology, information and communication. Advances in computer technology, artificial, intelligence, robotics which is also called as the industrial revolution 4.0 eras, are very influential on environmental and people in the next generation changes, a change where humans must learn quickly, and an era where the future is unpredictable, where choices for various conditions are increasing and mindsets are changing.
The big challenge for educational institutions, especially Islamic educational institutions today, is how to prepare young people from various aspects of cognitive, mental, and spiritual preparedness to face the era like now. Development in the real world is far more complex than what is learned in the classroom, so it is necessary to educate and transform curriculum that is directed in accordance with the demands of the times. The freedom of learning is a learning concept that gives learners independence to learn according to their wishes and interests. It is not enough for students to be intelligent, but they must be creative and dynamic in reading situations and opportunities.
The 6th International Conference on emerging trends in technology for education in facing VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity) is designed not only to share research, but also to offer recommendations to governments, educational institutions and other stakeholders to improve the quality of education through technology-based educational programs. The conference was held by Faculty of Education UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta. The committee invites scholars, researchers, policy makers, teachers, and students from various countries to participate and work together to improve the quality of education in the Muslim community. Guided by UIN Jakarta, the 6th ICEMS of 2020 is intended to provide opportunities for various educational stakeholders especially in Muslim Communities around the world to share their creative and innovative works, opinions and experiences in open academic forums.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Emerging trends in technology for education in uncertain world” This theme tries to reflect various aspects of both thinking and research findings related to independent education in Muslim countries, starting from the best practices of teaching, curriculum, research and development, teacher professional development, new pedagogy and andragogy, new technologies in education and so on. In addition to disseminating thought and research findings, the conference is also intended to strengthen networking and collaboration among participants and build joint awareness and action plans on important institutional issues of the association.
Purpose of Activities
- To provide an international scientific forum for researchers, scholars, practitioners and students to exchange ideas, points of view, critical reviews, and to communicate and discuss these issues in the field of efforts to deal with changing times through creative and innovative free education in teaching and learning.
- To discuss and produce the right paradigm to realize education and tecnology-based learning in the face of VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity).
- To make a useful and valuable contribution to the development of technology-based teaching efforts in the face of changing times that have entered the Industrial Revolution 4.0 system
The theme of the 6th International Conference on Education in Muslim Society (ICEMS) 2020 is “ Emerging trends in technology for education in uncertain world “. The topics of the conference include:
- The Potential for Artificial Intelligence in Islamic Education.
- Utilization of Artificial Intelligence in Educational Policies and Practices.
- Digital Technology in Education.
- School Digitalization.
- Application of Lesson Study for Community Learning.
- Innovation and Integrity of University to Face a New Era of VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity).
- Learning/Teaching Methodologist and Assesment.
- Curriculum of The Learning Autonomy.
- New Pedagogy and Andragogy in Learning Autonomy.
- Teacher Professional Development.
Selected papers will be published in:
- EDUSAINS (National accredited journal | SINTA S2)
- TARBIYA (National accredited journal | SINTA S2)
- ARABIYAT (National accredited journal | SINTA S2)
- SOSIO DIDAKTIKA (National accredited journal | SINTA)
- DIALEKTIKA (National accredited journal | SINTA)
- IJEE (National accredited journal | SINTA)
- Abstract Submission Deadline: September 18, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: September 25, 2020
- Full paper Submission Deadline: November 8, 2020