THE 5th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
ON EDUCATION IN MUSLIM SOCIETY (ICEMS)
“Fostering Future Education: Creative and Innovative Endeavors in Teaching and Learning”
Creativity and innovation are becoming important parts for future education due to their contribution to society in alleviating problems in the world. Some research reveals that the two terms are contributing to the better education, as they offer solutions in education field which give positive impact on social life. Creativity and innovation also bring about interest and motivation to learners, hence facilitating knowledge development. Therefore, this issue will continue to be paramount in education.
Similarly to Islamic education, creativity and innovation are understood to promote good education for all aspects including teachers and students. This has been proved by the contributions of Muslim scholars to the education world to create effective teaching and learning. The practices are worthwhile to observe and analyze; for this reason it is important to further investigate the issue of creative and innovative endeavors in teaching and learning in Islamic contexts.
The 5th International Conference on Education in Muslim Society (ICEMS) 2019 is designed not only to share the research, but also to offer recommendations for the governments, educational intitutions, and other stakeholders to improve the quality of education through creative and innovative endeavors. The conference is conducted by the Faculty of Teaching Sciences of Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University (UIN) Jakarta. The committee invites scholars, researchers, policy makers, teachers, and students from various countries to participate and work together to improve the quality of education in Muslim community. Hosted by UIN Jakarta, the 5th ICEMS 2019 is intended to provide an opportunity for various stakeholders of education especially in Muslim Society around the world to share their creative and innovative works, opinions and experiences in an open academic forum.
The theme of this year conference is “Fostering Future Education: Creative and Innovative Endeavors in Teaching and Learning.” The theme attempts to reflect various aspects of both thoughts and research findings related to creative and innovative education in Muslim countries, ranging from best practices of teaching, curriculum, research and development, teacher professional development, new pedagogy and andragogy, new technology in education and so on. In addition to disseminating thoughts and research findings, this conference is also intended to strengthen networking and collaboration among participants and build common awareness and action plans on important institutional issues of the association.
- Providing an international scientific forum for researchers, scholars, practitioners, and students to exchange ideas, point of views, critical review, and to communicate and discuss those issues in the field of creative and innovative endeavors in teaching and learning.
- Discussing and generating approriate paradigm for realizing a better education through creative and innovative ways;
- Providing beneficial and valuable contribution for the development of creative and innovative endeavors in teaching and learning.
PROGRAM AND THEMES
The theme of the 5th International Conference on Education in Muslim Society (ICEMS) 2019 is “Fostering Future Education: Creative and Innovative Endeavors in Teaching and Learning”
ICEMS invites all papers in the area of education, which consists of the following topics:
- Teacher professional development
- Technology in the classroom
- Cooperation and collaborative learning
- Learner or teacher autonomy
- Curriculum and Policy in Education
- New Pedagogy and Andragogy in creative and innovative endeavors in Education
- Learning / Teaching Methodologies and Assessment
- New Media and Technologies for Education
- Education and Special Needs
- Training of Educators and Professional Development
- Islam and Society
- Education in Informal Setting
KEYNOTE AND PLENARY SPEAKERS
- Professor Mike Hardy (Coventry University, United Kingdom)
- Professor Lawrence Pratchett (University of Canberra, Australia)
- Dr. Azmil Tayeb (USIM, Malaysia)
- Associate Professor Shirley Ann-Baker (Alliant International University, USA)
- Prof. Dr. Wael Aly Al-Sayed (Ain Shams University, Egypt)
- Dr. Sururin, M.Ag (UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta)
- Dr. Indra Charismiadji (President Director of Eduspec Indonesia)
- Fitriah, Ph.D (UIN Sunan Ampel Surabaya)
- Full paper Submission Deadline: August 30, 2019
- Early Bird Registration : August 16 – September 15, 2019
- Regular Registration : September 16 – 22, 2019
Conference date: 30 Sep – 1 Oct 2019
VENUE AND DATE
Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta, Harun Nasution Main Auditorium.
Jl. Ir. H. Juanda No. 95 Ciputat Tangerang 15412 – Indonesia
Telp: 021 740 1925
Fax.: 021 740 2982
INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD
- Professor Gavin Sullivan (Coventry University, United Kingdom)
- Professor Kerry McCallum (The University of Canberra, Australia)
- Professor Susan Kinnear (Central Queensland University, Australia)
CONTACT PERSONDr. Siti Masyitoh, M.Pd (+6281285630642)Dr. Fidrayani, M.Pd, M.Si (+6281241001632)Nuraeni, M.Pd (+628567947124)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org